The objectives of the DIwan shall be
- To promote the Sikh religion and culture in accordance with the teachings of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji and the Sikh Rehat Maryada.
- To promote and develop the learning and teaching of Punjabi language, Culture and Sikh literature.
- To manage efficiently the Gurdwaras (Sikh Temples) under the jurisdiction of the Diwan and to appoint priests well versed in the Sikh scriptures.
- Any other activity that is beneficial to the Sikh community.
- To make representation to the Government on religious, educational, cultural and community matters.
- To promote and support educational excellence amongst Sikhs.
- To associate and cooperate with any other legally constituted bodies, the aims and objectives of which are not inconsistent with the aims of the Diwan.