The objectives of the Diwan shall be:
1. To promote the Sikh religion and culture in accordance with the teachings of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji and the Sikh Rehat Maryada.
2. To promote and develop the learning and teaching of Punjabi language, Culture and Sikh literature.
3. To manage efficiently the Gurdwaras (Sikh Temples) under the jurisdiction
of the Diwan and to appoint priests well versed in the Sikh scriptures.
4. Any other activity that is beneficial to the Sikh community.
5. To make representation to the Government on religious,educational, cultural and community matters.
6. To promote and support educational excellence amongst Sikhs.
7. To associate and cooperate with any other legally constituted bodies, the aims and objectives of which are not inconsistent with the aims of the Diwan.